NOVEMBER 7, 1937

the Wanderling


The above is an outtake from the full page (or larger) map below that has within it's contents references to the Hawaiian Islands and the importance of striking the islands in any major attempt of an attack against the United States.

The aforementioned larger map, below, that contains the references to the Japanese attacking Pearl Harbor was published in the Los Angeles Examiner. It completely outlines and describes how the Imperial Japanese Government could have gone about launching a full fledged military attack against the United States, immediately levied against a highly vulnerable and totally unprepared Pacific west coast after first having attacked and taken the Hawaiian Islands.

The unusual part of the whole thing is that the Examiner's map and attack premise was published on November 7, 1937, a full four years and one month before the December 7, 1941 attack against Pearl Harbor that swept the U.S into World War II.

As for the map, for those who may be so interested, there are two ways to enlarge the map below for easier reading etc. One, for a more static version, you can simply click the image then click it a second time and/or two, for a fully interactive map, that is, one that you can fully expand the page and scroll around the map for easier reading etc., and is downloadable --- as provided through the graceful services of the Digital Library of Cornell University --- click HERE

(for larger size click image then click again)

To ensure against a potential air attack from the Pacific side, at the beginning of the war, the U.S. proposed to build a network of radar stations covering the full length of the coast from the Canadian border into Baja Mexico. Actually, a total of 72 sites were proposed, of which 65 were eventually built. However, according to The Radar Dilemma, at the start of the war not much more than ten or so were in place let alone operational, and most of those were pretty much concentrated around Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Seattle. Within weeks of their attack on Pearl Harbor, and possibly even before, the Japanese began probing U.S. radar capability up and down the Pacific coast, sometimes with clandestine operatives, and had a pretty good handle on where radar coverage was effective and where it was weak or nonexistent. That is why when they did decide to attack the U.S. mainland along the Pacific coast there was such a difference in how each of the attacks were carried out.

(for larger size click image then click again)

The Japanese submarine that shelled the oilfields near Santa Barbara on February 23, 1942, was aircraft equipped. The plane was not launched because the Japanese as well as the submarine captain knew that the radar along that section of the coast was at least adequate. Those involved with the aerial bombing against Mt. Emily in Oregon on September 9, 1942 were well aware, as did their superiors higher up the chain, that a "radar gap" existed along the heavily wooded area of the Oregon coast, especially between Fort Bragg, California and Cape Perpetua, thus allowing unobstructed aircraft penetration.

(please click either image)

In reference to the Santa Barbara shelling, take note of the photo above left. It has long been attributed to show the actual shelling that night. If you notice, along the upper right hand edge of the photo there is a drawing outlining the North American Pacific west coast ranging from just above Vancouver to below Baja. The location of Santa Barbara and the Ellwood refinery is clearly marked with a small darkened circle as well as Japanese writing in bold script. Somewhat above the heavier or bolder script is a lighter script with a small circle on the coastline apparently marking Cape Mendocino, the area of operation the I-17 was assigned. Lower down is another circle with Japanese writing apparently indicating the location of the city of Los Angeles.(see)

As far as the southern reaches of the radar network was concerned, and unknown by most people still, there were at least three radar sites built and commanded by the U.S. Army in Mexico along the coast of Baja California to protect the southern approaches to San Diego. According to Mexican Forts known sites included Station B-92 at Punta Salispuedes, located 22 miles northwest of Ensenada (later moved to Alasitos, 36 miles south of Tiajuana); Station B-94 at Punta San Jacinto, 60 miles south of Ensenada; and Station B-97 at Punta Estrella, south of San Felipe on the Gulf of California (aka Sea of Cortez). It is not clear when all three of the radar sites were in full operation, but it is known through outside observers that the Punta Estrella site was operational and fully staffed by April of 1942.

With the extent of the operational radar coverage along the coast from Los Angeles south into Mexico and both sides of the Baja, almost any successful attack inland across the 300 mile breadth of California from the Pacific or up it's underbelly via Baja was, as the war wore on, became more and more practically impossible. That is not to say there weren't any attempts. There were, only more of an unconventional nature.

Not far from Puerto Penasco, located a short distance south of the United States border on the Sea of Cortez along the coast of Sonora, Mexico in Mexican waters, at extremely low tides the wreckage of a World War II U.S. Navy fighter plane positively identified as a F6F Hellcat shows up.

An American that stumbled across the debris field of scattered parts from the downed aircraft, which are easily seen in the low tide sand, was told by a local that the wreck occurred sometime in 1943 or 1944. Although the plane eventually washed ashore the local said his father rescued the pilot who told him they had bombed a German ship or submarine, although he wasn't sure of which, in the Sea of Cortez. Who the "they" were other than the pilot of the downed Hellcat is not clear, implicating through the choice of words that more than just the downed pilot was involved in some sort of a multiple person or multiple craft mission over the Sea of Cortez. Nor did the man's father relate to him the why of or circumstances surrounding the cause of the Hellcat crash. Rumor had it that when the plane was more intact, that is before the sea got to it, that it had all the appearances of having been shot down. So too, it is not known if the pilot parachuted out or tried to ride the plane down. A few weeks later American troops arrived in Puerto Penasco, also known as Rocky Point, about 75 miles north, taking trawlers down to the site, loading up many large crates and boxes and returning to the states with them.

No sign of wreckage of either a ship or a submarine, German or otherwise, has ever been detected or discovered in the area of contention. If it had been bombed or hit in some fashion it must not have been damaged to such a point that it wasn't still operable or seaworthy, in turn initiating a hasty escape.

(please click image)

In 1927, ten years before the above 1937 article outlining a potential Japanese attack against the U.S. starting with Pearl Harbor --- which the article in itself was four years before Pearl Harbor --- W.D. Gann, an author I cite several times in my works, wrote a book titled THE TUNNEL THROUGH THE AIR: Looking Back From 1940, published in 1927, thirteen years before the 1940 date the title alludes to, which offered any number of predictions of the future in his book --- a number of them that actually transpired or came true. Most lauded is his nearly 100% accurate prediction of the Japanese attack on the U.S., notably so by aircraft and it's outcome as found in Chapter XXV, page 278:

"The United States Government fearing that Japan would make the first attack on the Pacific Coast either around Los Angeles or San Francisco, rushed the battle fleet to the Pacific. This proved to be one of the greatest mistakes of the war. As soon as the battleships cruised into the Pacific, Japan attacked from the air with their noiseless airplanes and began dropping deadly bombs from great heights. The anti-aircraft guns from the decks of the battleships were powerless to reach the bombing planes at such great heights. Defeat was swift and severe and only a few of the battleships escaped complete destruction from the first attack."



Not everybody realizes it, but several weeks before the actual December 7, 1941 Japanese sneak attack on Pearl Harbor, in an incredible coming together of loose-knit coincidences, the writers of the Captain Midnight show, in the routine process of drafting the future continuous plot-line for the program by sifting back through the wide-ranging facts available to them as found in previously aired segments, when added together, led them to put together and present to the regular national radio listening audience the possibilities of that very same attack.

The problem was that the writers, in making the Captain Midnight program valuable, relevant, and up to date for it's listening audience, drew from everyday facts and events available to anybody. When they accumulated those bits and pieces of facts from here and there, for the writers, focused on Captain Midnight's adventures, drew the conclusion that there was a very good potential possibility in the works for an attack on Pearl Harbor. The intelligent community at large, having the same facts available to them, if they came to the same conclusion, never came forward with that conclusion, at least on a public level. The following, although not a script from the radio program, is a brief synopsis of the story as aired:

The Captain Midnight Pearl Harbor story unfolded with Major Barry Steele, a U.S. Army Intelligence officer along with two high ranking Secret Squadron members, both being Captain Midnight's wards, Chuck Ramsey and Joyce Ryan, being captured and held prisoners by one of Captain Midnight's arch foes, the Asian-based criminal known as the Barracuda. Captain Midnight launched a raid against the Barracuda's prison stronghold to free them and of which he was able to do. The night and time picked for the raid found the Barracuda elsewhere, giving Captain Midnight and the three ex-prisoners time to search the place.

Captain Midnight noticed a teakwood table in the Barracuda's living quarters and remembered seeing a similar table previously in connection with the Barracuda. Thinking the table may have more importance than simple sentimental nostalgia, Captain Midnight began examining the table much closer soon discovering a triggering device that once activated revealed a secret compartment. In the compartment was a light-sealed metal container similar ones that contained film or microfilm. Not wanting to open the container for fear of any possible film being in an undeveloped stage Captain Midnight, with Major Steele's help, took it to British Intelligence in Hong Kong to be developed.

The contents of the container was a small short-length of microfilm with no writing or words but very intricate drawings of a naval base. Captain Midnight immediately recognized the configurations of the docks and locations of the ships as being Pearl Harbor. In the past the Barracuda had always been known as a freelance criminal, however for sale to the highest bidder. Captain Midnight figured if the Barracuda was working for the Japanese military then surely the plans would indicate a possible attack on Hawaii. Before Captain Midnight was able to reach Hawaii from Hong Kong, and possibly confirm such an action between parties, his plane having been sabotaged, was forced down in the Pacific and he and all of his crew were captured by pirates.


The above Captain Midnight Mystery Dial Code-O-Graph was the same type decoder used by Captain Midnight's Secret Squadron during the attack on Pearl Harbor.




Once into the war there were at least eight known major attacks planned against the the Axis powers. Unlike the above map that depicts pretty much standard invasion procedures with ships, airplanes, and large numbers of troops, all eight of the known attack plans were unconventional. Unlike the U.S. and her allies for D-Day the Japanese didn't have a large close by friendly landmass like Great Britain to launch from. According to the map Japan would have to take Dutch Harbor in the Aleutian Islands and from there secure hard land based territory heading down toward lower Alaska to Canada and then into the U.S. northwest.

Instead they waited too long, concentrating all their manpower and equipment to the South Pacific and Southeast Asia, even thinking about India. The Japanese put into place an attack against the Aleutians that General George S. Patton Jr., training troops in the California desert for a planned invasion in North Africa was sure the Japanese attempt was really going to launched against Mexico then move north.

By the spring of 1942, Patton had moved into the Indio and Brawley area and put into place a desert training center for his tanks and armored equipment hindering any further small scale attacks from the desert or Mexico. Near the end of April or early May of 1942, U.S. Military Intelligence learned the Japanese had put to sea the small but fast Japanese 5th Fleet, commanded by Vice Admiral Hosagaya Boshiro and consisting of two light carriers and a seaplane carrier at its core, along with support ships; two strike forces, and his flagship group, comprising a heavy cruiser and two destroyers, protecting supply ships --- configured in what appeared to be a potential invasion force. By June 3, 1942 Patton was convinced the fleet's final destination was to invade Mexico by landing on the beaches of Baja California, then move north into California. Patton positioned almost his full compliment of officers and men, albeit not yet anywhere near fully trained, within striking distance right on top of the border to move south within minutes to meet any invading Japanese force. The suspected Japanese invasion fleet eventually landed on Kiska Island in the Aleutian Chain on June 6, 1942.


Using the Aleutian invasion as a cover the Japanese set a trap at Midway to destroy U.S. Naval power in the Pacific. Instead, just the opposite happened with the Japanese losing almost everything in one of the most decisive one sided naval defeats in history. To keep from losing everything they needed something to redirect the U.S. forces back to defend their homeland.

Because they had no choice, distance for the Germans and either spread to thin and/or running out of men and equipment for the Japanese, all eight attacks incorporated small numbers and amounts of men, equipment, and cost, But, if any of the eight had been successful they would have inflicted wide scale long lasting damage both physically and psychologically as well as having been major game changers.

Three plans were for attacks by the Germans against Hoover Dam and of which is called Boulder Dam on the above map, one air attack against Southern California coastal areas from inland desert regions and one against New York City, again by the Germans, and three planned attacks by the Japanese. One of the three involved a nuclear weapon against the city of Los Angeles with the second and third both being biological germ warfare attacks against Los Angeles, San Diego, and Tijuana, Mexico with large contagion and wind-drift diseases spread throughout the greater geographical area.

  1. November 1939-------FISHING BOAT AGAINST HOOVER DAM





  6. May 1945---------------AIR ATTACK AGAINST HOOVER DAM

  7. July 1945---------------ATOMIC BOMB AGAINST LOS ANGELES



The following paragraph appeared in a much longer article titled Safeguarding Hoover Dam During World War II, by Christine Pfaff as found in Prologue Magazine, Summer 2003, Vol. 35, No. 2:

"On the evening of November 30, 1939, the State Department received word from the U.S. embassy in Mexico of an alleged plot to bomb the intake towers at the dam. German agents discovered in Mexico City were planning the attack in order to paralyze the aviation manufacturing industry located in Los Angeles. This would be accomplished by cutting off power transmission over the dam's high-voltage lines. Two German agents living in Las Vegas, one of them an explosives expert, had reportedly made a dozen trips to the dam to investigate the feasibility of the plan. They intended to attach bombs to the intake towers from a boat, which they would rent under the pretense of a fishing excursion."(source)

After the U.S. embassy disclosed German agents in Mexico were putting into place an actual attack against Hoover Dam that they fully intended to pull off, a whole host of government agencies went into action devising any number of ways to protect the dam from destruction. They immediately increased security patrols, locked off specific areas of the dam, implemented closer scrutiny of individuals, tour groups, packages, and vehicles entering and leaving the dam. Floodlights were installed to illuminate the channel above the intake towers. A wire net was hung from a cable stretched across the lake making it impossible for boats to get within three hundred feet of the intake towers. Other suggestions included camouflage, smoke screens, and cables across the gorge at various levels to stop incoming aircraft. Everything was considered except one thing, underwater upstream access. And late in December 1944, as found in Number 4 above, the Germans took advantage of it.


Seven days after Pearl Harbor, on December 14, 1941, the Imperial Japanese Navy loaded nine of their largest most modern long range submarines, each airplane equipped and packed to the gills with extra munitions and explosive ordinance, and sent them clear across the Pacific, thousands and thousands of miles from their homeland, with orders to attack the U.S. mainland December 25th. Then the Japanese postponed the attack until the 27th. Then they canceled the 27th attacks. In the meantime, on Christmas Day, one of the nine submarines dispatched to the U.S west coast, the I-19, torpedoed and sank an unarmed American ship the SS Absaroka carrying nothing but lumber, in the Santa Catalina channel less than a mile off Point Fermin near Los Angeles in broad daylight. Why? A lot of it had to do with the sea facing radar and the coastal defenses. BUT, a lot of it had to do with how the Japanese were going to beat the system. After the I-19 attack all eyes were focused toward the ocean. However, other things were in the works, much bigger things. In Harbor Defenses of Los Angeles in World War II by John R. Monett, Lester Cole and Jack C. Cleland (1945) the following is found:

On December 31, 1941, the IV Interceptor Command reported that several enemy planes were believed to have landed and been hidden near the inland desert communities of Indio and Brawley in the Imperial Valley of California. They also reported that five messages in Japanese code were being sent daily between Brawley and Mexico City via short wave radio. At 12:32 PM in the afternoon of December 31, 1941, the Federal Bureau of Investigation relayed the following message:

"There is a plan for air and sea attack against San Diego, San Pedro and San Francisco, to take place about dawn either New Year's Day or the following Sunday. It is possible the attack will be made against San Diego and San Pedro first. Expecting cooperation from aliens ashore. The air attack will be by German airmen from across the border where planes are now under cover, taking off before dawn and coming over flying high. If air forces are alert, this can be broken up before they reach their objectives. Am sending you this information for want of better channels to advise. Remember Pearl Harbor."(source)


"In March 1942, three months after their more-or-less fairly conventional, albeit sneak attack on Pearl Harbor, the Japanese planned to drop 150 million plague infected fleas in ten separate bomb attacks against U.S. and Philippine troops during the Battle of Bataan. That April, before the Japanese were able to put their plan into motion the Allied forces surrendered."

On November 27, 1942, the S.S. Lewis Cass, a type EC2-S-C1 cargo transport Liberty ship, like hundreds of others before her, was laid down at the Terminal Island shipyards. She was launched at the shipyards one month later on December 29, 1942, and fully completed January 12, 1943. For all practical purposes the Lewis Cass appeared the same as any number of others of the same type ship that had been churned out one after the other during the war. However, what ended up different about her, and for those that worked on her, was that on January 26, 1943, not even two weeks after she was completed, the Lewis Cass, on a routine voyage from Los Angeles to the Canal Zone loaded with mundane military stores, was laying in ruins after having, they said, broken apart and grounded on the beach on an island called Guadalupe off Mexico's Baja California's west coast, an island probably not more than 325 miles directly due south in a straight line from Terminal Island.

What was unusually different about the Lewis Cass and her wreckage was that the Navy reported that the ship had numerous holes in it's hull, just letting it go at that. No explanation as to how the holes got there or what they were caused by. So too, there was no questions or formal investigation by Naval authorities to determine why a brand new ship less than two weeks from having left it's construction lair broke into pieces and sank. An independent observer saw things a little different than the Navy, to wit:

"The starboard side of the ship's hull just above the waterline, bow to stern, as well as the above the deck superstructure, were filled with a staggered uneven line of holes, holes with a diameter of at least the size of a one pound coffee can. He had been in and around the desert for years and had seen or shot at many a tin sign and he knew what the exit side punctured by a 30-30 round looks like. The backside of the holes in the thick steel hull of the Lewis Cass looked just the same, only huge in diameter, as though done by a projectile or shell as big around as five inches"


The one pound coffee can size holes in the steel hull and the upper deck infrastructure of the Lewis Cass were consistent with what would be expected from the 5.5 inch deck guns as found on Japanese aircraft equipped I-class submarines. Why of the Japanese interest in Guadalupe Island? Biological warfare and the delivery thereof against the United States. The S.S Lewis Cass stumbled on one of the I-class subs just in the early stages of her crew setting up the growth and delivery system for the biological warfare against the U.S. and Mexico and paid the price.(source)


"It has been reported that a Ju-390 left Europe coming in over Canada crossing into U.S. airspace to photograph defense plants in Michigan only to exit out over the Atlantic sometime after noon on August 28, 1943 by coming in behind any east-facing aircraft detection systems and passing directly over New York above the Empire State Building. Ironically, without any fanfare or raising controversy, a drawing of a six engine German bomber by a New York based artist showed up in a publication dated January, 1944."(source)

On September 17-19, 1944, one full year after the above quoted event, a similar large six engine aircraft painted in the same dark green and black camouflage pattern with an iron cross insignia on the side of the fuselage crashed in the sea off Owls Head Lighthouse, Maine. A resident of Burlington, Vermont, Ruben Paul Whittemore, has reported he had relatives who witnessed the recovery of three bodies found in the Penobscot river estuary on September 28, 1944 and taken by the U.S. Coast Guard to Rockland Maine Station. One of the witnesses states he saw one body in a uniform later identified as a German Luftwaffe Signal Corps Uniform, (grey-blue with yellow/brown collar tabs).

Sometime in the mid to late 1990s a scuba diver came across what appeared to be a radial aircraft engine laying on the seabed some distance off the cliffs from the Owls Head lighthouse and traced it along with other pieces of wreckage strewn across the sand back to the main body of the craft the engine and pieces apparently came from. She recovered what has been said to be a constructor's plate with raised lettering, albeit somewhat eroded but still readable, with the following:

RMZ WURKE Nb 135?34 (Allgemiene)
FWU WURKE Nb 135?34 (Gbs: Fliegeroberstkommando Rdt.)

Most people who ascribe any amount of credibility to the downed craft said to be laying in the water off the coast of Maine pretty much agree it's mission was not recon like a previously reported flight on August 28, 1943, but to bomb New York. Evidence has surfaced in some quarters the attack would not have been conventional in nature either but most likely nuclear.(source)


The submarine was German. It had been towed behind another sub to an island in the Sea of Cortez, arriving sometime late in the year 1944 and hiding in a cove until it received a "go" signal. When the sub left the island it headed on it's own power up the mouth of the Colorado River with a skeleton crew. When the sub reached a point on the river called Laguna Dam, 12 miles North of Yuma, a work crew made up of predominantly German men whose job it was was to pull the sub out of the river, disassemble it into five parts, load the parts onto trailers and truck it north to a designated spot beyond Parker Dam. There they were to reassemble it and disappear. The quote below, from a U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer from the source so cited, describes his involvement with the submarine:

"As a former submariner he had been assigned to a quickly put together Navy team sent out from close by (for the Navy) China Lake to recover the craft. Although they arrived too late to actually be in charge, he was ordered to consult with the Army team on how to remove, float, and transport the semi-damaged vessel. The POW folk, especially the spit-and-polish camp provost marshal Captain Cecil Parshall, felt they were being looked down on as not really being military enough by their Army brethren and didn't like how the fly boys had treated them. Since the Navy sort of ended up losers in it all too, the POW folk, ordered by higher ups to cooperate after the Army whined about it, thinking they would have an ally, simply aced out the Air Corps personnel and brought in the Navy, asking the Chief, who had been on the scene as well, to join their interrogation team."(source)


The plan, using Aichi M6A Seirans, was to launch a one way flight from the Gulf of Mexico just off the coast of southern Texas, most likely between Brownsville and Corpus Christi. The distance to Hoover Dam from such a location is something like 1500 miles. The range of the Aichi M6A Seiran was said to be around 700 miles with a top speed of 295 MPH. If the aircraft, no matter how they were outfitted, in their standard form or otherwise, even with added fuel tanks, for the distance would require refueling, with only just one stop pushing it. Most likely a second stop would be necessary. In that the attack was designed as a one way trip, a stripped down version of the plane carrying only explosives might possibly make it with one refueling stop, but not none. After the attack the planes would just be abandoned in the desert and the pilots, presumably German (read white Caucasians), with the right provisions and identification, could easily assimilate into the low population desert southwest, especially with assist by already in place on the ground agents.

As for refueling locations, in that the aircraft were floatplanes and most of the length of the trip was whole of the way over dry desert territory, the timing and the spots for said refueling would have to be carefully selected and worked out. So said, that leaves only a very few viable options. On the route to the dam the first of the most viable locations is Balmorhea Lake, Texas, somewhat over half way between San Antonio and El Paso roughly 600 miles from Brownsville. Continuing west the second most viable refueling spot is 600 miles away at Theodore Roosevelt Lake slightly northeast of the Superstition Mountains in Arizona. Theodore Roosevelt Lake is roughly 300 miles southeast from Hoover Dam.(source)


The central core of the U.S. nuclear program was under a heavy blanket of security throughout World War II, from the early beginnings to even well afterwards. However, the farther out the support systems that fed that secret infrastructure tentacled away from that central core the weaker the security became and the more vulnerable those distance edges were to penetration by those seeking to do that penetration.

On the U.S. west coast, especially concentrated in the general southern California area, the Japanese had in place, albeit unofficial and highly loose knit, a formidable feedback network. Some of it was innocent and inadvertent, some of it pulled by strings at the top, but in place nonetheless. It wasn't long before one of those penetrated tentacles began leaking tidbits of information that federal officials and the Navy seemed to have more than an extraordinary interest in one of the California channel islands, more specifically, San Nicolas Island. San Nicolas Island was small, barren, uninhabited, and the most remote of the channel islands, so why the hubbub? Filtering the sand of information through the screen of scrutiny the use of San Nicolas eventually narrowed down to only a few things, one of which was being a possible site for a nuclear test.

If the device was going to be tested on San Nicolas Island the Japanese wanted to know. They began reconnoitering and exploring the island and the adjacent mainland using at least one of their midget submarines for one thing and one thing only. Once a test was a given as a go on San Nicolas the Japanese intended to take advantage of a most likely predenotation small window and using the already in place installation equipment, remove the device, load it onto some sort of a below the ocean surface operating vessel --- so it would be less likely to be detected --- then ferry it across to the mainland to Ballona Creek. After entering Ballona Creek the idea was to get the device as far inland and as close to the center of downtown Los Angeles as possible, then detonate it.(source)


The Japanese, unsure if the U.S. was capable, able, or willing to attack the Japanese mainland with a nuclear weapon --- but knowing if not, or in a possible combination of the two, an invasion of their homeland was inevitable, they began putting into place another long distance inexpensive yet feasible non-manpower heavy preemptive first strike against America.

That operation, given the code name "Cherry Blossoms at Night," was finalized on March 26, 1945. Based on the 1943 Guadalupe Island germ warfare attack, only a lot more intensive, the idea was to use I-400 aircraft equipped long-range submarines, each carrying three 300 mph Aichi M6A Seiran single wing attack-bomber floatplanes, loaded to the gills with plague-infected fleas. Although the plan was not implemented for a number of reasons, lack of sufficient numbers of I-400's and aircraft, for example, but not lack of will, the submarines were to surface off the coast of San Diego, then the Japanese planes would fan out over a wide area and deep as possible inland keeping high populations in mind, all the while along their routes dropping balloon bombs filled with plague infested fleas. The end results were to infect and kill as many people as possible, with figures ranging into the tens of thousands. The Japanese, knowing the U.S. might be able to contain the spread of disease somewhat quickly within reason, chose San Diego because of its proximity to Mexico and especially so Tijuana with its high population, and most likely lack of ability of the Mexican government to respond fully to the crisis, thus not containing the spread of the disease before completion of its intended impact.(source)

In conjunction with No. 5 and 6 above, the attacks on Hoover Dam, a few years after the war a little known side note surfaced in relation to those attacks. A man who identified himself as having been a stereograph photo interpreter during World War II for the OSS, the pre-runner to the CIA, while going over aerial photo survey maps working for a U.S. based oil company after the war, came across a strikingly familiar visual structure he recognized from his OSS days scouring aerial photo maps of Europe. The problem with what he found was it was out in the middle of the American desert southwest. Without anybody's knowledge and on his own he went out to look it over. What he found was what looked like a long abandoned structure in various stages of construction or dismantling, with all the similarities and configurations of a V-1 launch ramp located 50 or more miles south-south west from Hoover Dam. For more please click the following image:


(please click image)






(please click any insignia)




(please click)

As to the subject of donations, for those of you who may be interested in doing so as it applies to the gratefulness of my works, I invariably suggest any funds be directed toward THE WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT and/or THE AMERICAN RED CROSS.

(to increase size click then click again)-------------------------------------------------------

(please click image)



By the time October 1942 rolled around and the midget submarine had been bombed some 500 yards offshore of Redondo Beach only to wash up in the surf a few days later south of the pier, for the Japanese, as far as they viewed it, the mission the sub had been assigned to do was over. Any follow-up in their plans was in the hands of a series of unnamed decision making committees in the United States: Were they or were they not going to use San Nicolas Island as a nuclear test site? The following year, 1943, supplementing their clandestine spying endeavors on San Nicolas Island and for similar or like reasons, the Japanese dispatched at least two known operatives into the desert southwest to do radioactive soil sampling.(see)

By then, the Japanese, pretty much figured any major move involving nuclear strikes in any fashion by them would most likely not be forthcoming any time soon. Feeling the squeeze and needing a major game changer, as well as being unsure if the U.S. was capable, able, or willing to attack Japan with a nuclear weapon --- but knowing if not, or in a possible combination of the two, an invasion of their homeland was inevitable, the Japanese began putting into place another long distance inexpensive yet feasible non-manpower heavy preemptive first strike against America.

That operation, given the codename "Cherry Blossoms at Night," was finalized on March 26, 1945. The idea was to use I-400 aircraft equipped long-range submarines, each carrying three 300 mph Aichi M6A Seiran single wing attack-bomber floatplanes, loaded to the gills with plague-infected fleas. Although the plan was not implemented for a number of reasons, lack of sufficient numbers of I-400's and aircraft, for example, but not lack of will, the submarines were to surface off the coast of San Diego, then the Japanese planes would fan out over a wide area and deep as possible inland keeping high populations in mind, all the while along their routes dropping balloon bombs filled with plague infested fleas. The end results were to infect and kill as many people as possible, with figures ranging into the tens of thousands. The Japanese, knowing the U.S. might be able to contain the spread of disease somewhat quickly within reason, chose San Diego because of its proximity to Mexico and especially so Tijuana with its high population, and most likely lack of ability of the Mexican government to respond fully to the crisis, thus not containing the spread of the disease before completion of its intended impact.